Thursday 31 January 2013

Runway Inspired ric#28 - Carolina Herrera

I'm back!!!!


I've been in Queensland with my son, who was competing in the
Australian Junior Chess Championships. He didn't do as well as he hoped,
but just taking part is amazing and I'm still very proud of him and his determination
 and resilience.

We got stuck in Queensland for an extra 36 hours due to the floods, so we
were both very tired and relieved when we landed in Melbourne.

I've been keeping my eye on all the amazing creations for the current
Runway Inspired Challenge - wow, there are some incredibly talented crafters taking part in this challenge every week - it really inspires me to think outside the square and be creative.
Here is my latest attempt ....





I used my favourite Memory Box bird on a wire die.
 I used paint daubers and a stamp and versamagic inks on the bird.
The branches are from one of my Christmas decorations and the tulle flowers are cut from a trim.
The sentiment is a very old stamp.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, great take on the inspiration, Jen! The recycled Christmas decoration is a great addition, as are the tuile flowers. Glad you got out of Qld ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! Love the soft effect of the paint daubers here! Thank you so much for the kind comment you left on my entry - so very sweet and totally made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful card. Love the sweet colors on the birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks great! I love the way you inked up the bird, and I absolutely love those branches and big pearl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh la la! I love the stamping over the die cut bird! Outstanding work! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete