Tuesday 23 April 2013

Watercolour Wonder

Well, I've been having lots of fun playing around with inks again this week thanks to the watercolour challenge at Moxie Fab World.  I must say that watercolour is my favourite style of art and I am envious of people who have the talent to just pick up a brush and paint! But that doesn't mean I can't
still have some fun of my own. So here is the 1st of my offerings....


For this card, I used distress ink pads on an acetate sheet and spritzed with water. I then 'walked' the stamp through the ink and stamped on watercolour paper, leaving it a bit longer than usual to absorb the watery ink.  The edge of the watercolour paper was sponged with distress ink and mounted on a black card.  The image stamps are from Kaisercraft and the sentiment is from Amy Tangerine.





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful watercolor technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this, Jenny! I like how the colour has leached and pooled, gives it a really dreamy quality. And I love the rainbow of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bright and purty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i just wanna giggle and squeal at the gorgeousness of this card. i love it so much
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete