Wednesday 25 September 2013

Day 3 Penny Black Same Stamp/Die Collabo with Jill Foster

I'm having so much fun doing this collabo with Jill, she is soooo inspiring!

Today we are featuring the Penny Black Iris die, which is so very beautiful and realistic. You can use it as a silhouette, you came colour it (watercolour is my favourite way) or you can use it as a stencil.
I'm sure there are more ways to use this die in a project. How would you use it, any ideas?



As I mentioned the other day, it is spring in my part of the world and that means the Irises are beginning to bloom - yay! Here is a picture of our garden from a previous Spring

Here is my first card...




The designer paper is from Bo Bunny - I love the colours and it is perfect for paper piecing.
I'm entering this card in the Moxie Fab World Metal, Cork and Wood Challenge.


My next one is simple, but classic...


I just love the white on white and my all time favourite colour scheme is black and white with a touch of colour.
I'm entering this card in the Colour Q #208 


I was intending to do a watercolour card using the negative as a stencil and then water colouring the die cut, but it's been a very hectic few days looking at Nursing Homes and then negations. 
We were offered a room yesterday and he moved in today, as the hospital wanted his bed. 
So I feel relieved that it's all organised, but feel very sad because we are entering this new phase of life.
It's also difficult leaving him there with less care than he was getting in hospital, but we can only hope and pray that he doesn't have another fall and will settle in.  It's a nice room with a lovely outlook, so hopefully he will at least find that comforting.
So, anyway, I'll have to do another card soon with a water-coloured iris.

Don't forget to check out Jill's blog



10 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Jenny! Love the that iris die! You should enter the second card to ColourQ B/W challenge http://colourq.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/colourq-challenge-208.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards, Jenny! The paper pieced irises look great, and the b/w/spot of colour card is so classy. Hope your dad settles in to his new surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny, I am here for the colourQ, but I love the first card and that die is wonderful! Love your Q card as well, the white is stunning! So happy you joined us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the die in various designs. The second card is absolutely classic and elegant. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous cards, Jenny ... lovely delicate die cuts on the cork background ... the white on white with a touch of colour is simply glorious! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving me some sweet words ... so much appreciated! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cards and I love the white flowers on the white background...so effective! Thanks for playing along with Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Jenny!!!
    Hope your Dad settles in quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both so incredibly creative! Love the polka dots on the first and the white on white for the second is just truly elegant! You are soooo rocking it, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I just love the white, black & pink one....just a stunning way to use that die! Thanks for sharing this with us at the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pretty pink with the b & w

    ReplyDelete