Monday 9 December 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge #49 Celine

I must say, I really do love the Runway Inspired Challenge! Before Ric, I knew nothing about fashion and had not heard of many of the designers used in these challenges. I love that trends follow through from fashion to many other industries and arts, including paper crafts. I've seen comments from some people saying 'I wouldn't wear that!", but that's not what it's about is it? It's all about design! So thanks to the Ric team for opening my mind and inspiring me!

This particular outfit reminds me of a dress I wore in the 90s!




It's been a while since I've made a one layer card with nothing but stamping! I've used Hero Arts Brush strokes, sponge daubers, the tip of a pencil rubber and distress stain (silver).  The fern image is from Hot off the Press and the sentiment is an oldie from Stylish Images Australia. I used Memento Luxe and Versafine Onyx Black ink pads.

I've been playing around with Pic Monkey making my own blog header - it's so much fun and free for a lot of stuff.

10 comments:

  1. Great take on the RIC photo - I'm still in two minds about doing a card for this one. It's in the 'too busy to think about it' basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! It's graphic and artistic! FABULOUS take on the the inspiration photo! Thanks for joining the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jenny - LOVE the combo of stamps & colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun take on the inspiration photo!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Great take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great one layer card, Jenny, and I'm loving your creativity with your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the inspiration photo - I find this one of the toughest challenges out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beauty, Jenny! Simple and so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Amazing Jenny! What an amazing take on the inspiration photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Hero Arts stamps were just perfect for your card! I also love the fern silhouette. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete