Wednesday 15 January 2014

New Stamps!

Yesterday I was very excited to receive my 1st ever stamp set from Clearly Besotted. I have been admiring this set - Happy Everything for quite a while.  Check out Debbie Hughe's cards here and here , Gayatri Murali's cards here and Tasnim's cards here and here.

So today I have had lots of fun playing with them and this is my first card.



I stamped the image with versamark and white embossed on Arches watercolour paper.
I have coloured the image with gelatos - they have such a lovely creamy look.
I did think about adding a couple of sequins, but wanted it to look more like a painting.

Again, sorry for the photo - it;'s very challenging with these weather conditions. I've been thinking of making a light box, but would probably have to buy another light. Does anyone have an easy tutorial for this?

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jenny! I don't have a light box. I use a flash but bounce the light off the ceiling to create a less harsh look. I then use Lightroom to adjust the exposure and the white balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O so pretty. Reminds me totally of Debby's beauts with heat embossed and watercolored CBS blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE how you watercoloured the sentiment that way - never tried this - thanks for the inspiration!!! Stunning card and congrats on your first (of many I predict!!) Clearly Besotted Stamps! Thanks for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge too.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous, Jenny! Love the soft look of the watercolouring. So beautiful. The brush strokes on the bg of the embossed sentiment is fab. Love it. Thanks for the shout out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card - the watercolored image is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very beautiful card - a painting masterpiece! Thank you so much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge :) x

    ReplyDelete