Tuesday 1 April 2014

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday - Stamping with Watercolour Mediums

I just watched a video by Heather Nichols, in which she demonstrated using gelatos directly on to the stamp and either wetting it with a brush or spritzing. I have used this method before, so I've made a quick card. It has a very arty effect - I find there is a lot less control compared to distress markers.


I used the daisy from the Rosie Posie set and the sentiment from Lovely Layers. I kept it very simple, with a stitched border and mounting it on kraft card.
You can join in the fun here.

9 comments:

  1. I knew this MIM was perfect for you Jenny! Love the flowers!! Congrats on your showcase on Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your flowers and the stitching really sets them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jenny - I love those beautiful blooms and such pretty colours! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty - love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, your stamping is flawless, not an easy task with this medium, which I learned! Wish I could have watched your technique. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous watercolor effect on this- I think it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the big flowers & great stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! Love the colors you used and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete