Sunday 1 June 2014

Case this Sketch

Happy Sunday! I got up early, because it was too painful to lie in bed any longer. So since everyone else was having a sleep in, I took the opportunity to make a card.

I'd noticed this fun sketch from Case this Sketch in the Blogasphere and thought I'd play along. I must admit, my original idea was completely different, but when I sat down, I spied these fun stamps , which are on loan from Lyndal and so this card was born!



I had fun stamping this, using a Verve set called Strong Anchor and Memento Luxe inks. I love how the finish of this ink is so matte, a bit like paint. I decided to colour the base card with the dark blue ink to balance it out.
It made me a little bit sad using this sentiment, because I thought of my Dad (I miss him a lot), but my FIL has a birthday this month, so I can  send it to him or my children can use it on Father's Day.

It's Anything Goes at SSS Wednesday challenge, so I can enter it there too.



5 comments:

  1. A great father's day card, Jenny! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright and bold colors. Fab Father's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great nautical themed card, Jenny - and congrats on the GD spot at City Crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beyond awesome!! Love the nautical theme - you did a great job on the cas sketch!!! Come on over to my blog - I am hosting a giveaway for my 50th post!! Taunya Butler at daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete