Monday 30 June 2014

New Craft Space and a Butterfly

Hello Monday!

We're very excited because tomorrow our niece arrives from the UK for a holiday.
This has brought on a spot of  Spring cleaning (starting early).  She'll be staying in our dining room, so we'll have to eat in the family room, which means I've relocated all my crafting supplies to the study upstairs.  I can't stay there all year around, because it gets way too hot for me and the supplies!
I quite like the space I've created, because it's warm and light in the morning. I create better when I don't have other people hovering. The only drawback is the wi-fi doesn't work upstairs, but I have a tech man coming in a couple of weeks.

I finished all the cleaning this morning and thought I'd break myself in to my new surroundings by making a simple card.  This card was inspired by the Scrapbook Boutique challenge.





First of all, I must comment on the weird shadow on the card - it isn't a mistake on the card.
The embossing folder is a cheap import - great bargain!
The butterfly image is from Penny Black. I used distress markers directly on to the stamp and then when dry, fussy cut and covered it with Wink of Stellar for added shimmer.
The sentiment is from Altenew and stamped with Memento Luxe ink.

4 comments:

  1. Great design...I love the butterfly. Your clear photo is great...I do struggle to get such clear crisp photos. Yay to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gradient on the butterfly is beautiful, awesome card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your niece is brining you some UK crafting goodies :) Fab butterfly card - you always make great butterfly cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, one of my all time favourite butterflies, your card is wonderful Jenny! Hope you have a great time with your niece there!

    ReplyDelete