Friday 5 September 2014

A Blog Hop with a Difference

Have you seen who the September Muse is at Case Study Challenge? It's the super talented Debbie Hughes! I think I will be entering multiple times!
ETA: I've just seen that the lovely Darnell has another NBUS challenge, which is to make 2 cards with the same stamp. So I've made a second card, this time embossing in gold on vellum.






I stamped Penny Black's Botanical Notes twice, on white card stock for the background and on vellum. I coloured the vellum image with Copic Markers and then fussy cut most of the image and layered it on the white card. The sentiment is a Winnie & Walter digital from The Big , the bold & the Blessings, cut on my Silhouette.




This time I gold embossed the image on vellum which had been die cut with a NBUS die from Lil Inkers. The PB stamp was a must have a few months ago and this is the first time I've used it!
The other variation is that I used watercolour paints this time.

Now, I do hope you keep on reading, because I was asked by my friend Shirley Bampton  of Shirley's Stamping Stuff to take part in A Blog Hop with a Difference,  where you answer a few questions about yourself , then nominate others to do the same. I have admired Shirley's creativity for a few years and she just seems to keep getting better and better! I had to include a butterfly and some splatters in my card, especially for Shirley!

What project am I working on right now?
I've been working with some water colour and since I have to wait for it to dry, I've got 4 cards going at the same time. They're not for any particular challenge, I just felt like having a play.

How long does it take you to create a project? 
If I have a 'ping' moment it can come together within an hour, but often I start something, then get distracted and might then be inspired by something else I see and start another project... Hmmm, I see a pattern emerging!

What are my fave things I like to create with at the moment?
I'm really in to Flora and Fauna stamps and  all the big sentiments at the moment. I get really excited when I hear about a new (or new to me) medium and want to rush out and buy it. I just love having  a huge choice of media to colour my projects with ie distress inks/markers/paints , water colours (love my Inktense pencils, gelatos, PanPastels, spray inks .....
Lately I've been learning how to do more with my Silhouette Portrait and I want to get back to my Gelliplate too.

How does my creative process work?
Whether  I'm creating for a design team or for a challenge, I usually begin by looking at Pinterest, flickr and/or Google images, just to get some ideas.  The next step  is usually to choose which stamp or possibly die-cut to use and then  if it's not a colour specific challenge, I will then think about colours. I usually create for a challenge or DT, but if I start to lose my Mojo, I prefer to just play.

How do I become inspired and stay inspired?
Challenges are definitely my number one kick start - it's good to be involved and connect with other people and of course get feedback.  I often use Google images and them jump over to Pinterest and Flickr. If I don't have a specific project in mind, I like to watch a You Tube tutorial about a new technique or product - that always inspires me. I love the Online Card Classes and checking out some of my fave blogs.

What is my signature style?
A bit of everything! I love colour, CAS, mixed media and watercolour!
I'm not sure whether anyone would see a card and recognise it as mine.

One random fact about me
I love crime novels

Now it's time to nominate 2 people who inspire me. I have chosen 2 people who live in the same city as me, because it is extra inspiring to see what they do in real life.

First up is Cecilia Hsieh of Cecilia's cards. We first met about 3 years ago I think, when we decided to share postage on an order from the States and since then we've had a few catch ups and even been on an amazing craft retreat together. Cecelia said she'd be happy to be nominated as long as it didn't involve a bucket of ice! Here is an example of her gorgeous creations.

You can see we like the same stamps!

Next up is Lyndal Higgins of Ideas & Paper.  I met Lyndal a couple of years ago, when I was catching up with Cecilia.  Lyndal also came to the craft retreat and not only that, she lives 5 minutes away from me, so we get to create together! Yay! Lyndal and I are on the Mixed Media card challenge DT together and we were both guest designing for Winnie & Walter last month. Small world isn't it!!!
Here is an example of Lyndal's amazing projects.

This mini album is absolutely incredible!

Well done if you managed to get to the end of this post! I really do appreciate you visiting and all your lovely comments! Don't forget to check out Lyndal and Cecilia's blogs.

ETA: I'm also entering this in the Simon Wednesday  challenge which is to celebrate Stamptember by stamping and the Simon Monday Challenge which is also about being  bold in your stamping.
Well I stamped the image twice and it is a big stamp, so I hope it counts!
Also entering this in the City Crafter Challenge ( one of my fave challenges, but I don't play there often enough!) where the lovely Charlene has come up with the theme - I See Clearly.  My card has the vellum overlay.






17 comments:

  1. FABULOUS card Jenny & thank you for the nomination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you the nomination Jenny! Good luck with Case Study challenge, I'm going to upload mine today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting you today through Case Study, and declare your winnership. Absolutely in love with this extra bright, technically brilliant card. Had to read through to get your recipe, then continued on to see what inspires one of my most fav designers (that's you, btw), and just loved it all! Trying to find the time to do more of the challenges out there, they are a great source of inspiration and help to push me to be the best I can. Love seeing you do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such an amzing card really love it. Thanks for joining us over at Case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! Love the bold stamps you've used! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely!! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card :) loved to read about ur creative process !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, the colours is amazing! I love the popped up butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This big bold sentiment looks great with the pretty botanical stamp, Jenny, and I love your use of vellum! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny, this card is absolutely gorgeous! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your gold embossed card is really pretty! Isn't Debby just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a treat this post was, Jenny! First of all, thank you so much for linking up with my NBUS Challenge! I love both cards and they are really fine examples of your incredible talent to showcase your blog hop interview!! I really enjoyed getting to know you better and how your creative process works. I am very impressed and jealous that you can jump around from idea to idea and have several projects going at the same time!! And I'm also very jealous to find out that you and the fabulous Lyndal live only five minutes away from each other. Lucky girls!! I will check out both her and Cecelia's interviews next week! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card...like all the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Butterflies. Splatters. Yay! Love both versions of the card, and I enjoyed reading your process - nice to know someone else has a butterfly brain like me, flitting from one project to another :) Looking forward to reading Lyndal's and Cecelia's posts too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Jenny!!Thanks for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soooo stunning! Love the colors and the little splats of color! Thanks for joining us for the CASE Study challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are gorgeous! That stamp really suits this technique perfectly. Trying to work out which version is my favourite, but I love them both :D Thanks for joining in with CASE Study challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete