Wednesday 10 September 2014

Another new stamp

Yay! I've finished off a card I started a week ago. I've been adding tiny bits to the background over the last few days and had a ping' moment today on how to finish the card!
Also just a reminder about the Mixed Media Card Challenge - the theme is Autumn and you have until 25 Sept to enter.

I've discovered a new (to me) challenge at the Inspiration Emporium blog - the the theme is Fall.
I recently heard about this store through the Online Card Classes and was pleased to see they have a very reasonable postage for overseas purchases.




The background stamp is from Penny Black. I picked it up at a craft fair last week. I remember being tempted to buy it last year, but resisted the urge - not so this time. I think it will be quite versatile - good for all seasons! I stamped it in Archival Jet Black ink and then played with some Distress inks.
Next I added some watered down Perfect Pearls and Lumiere paints. Today I decided to add the birds on the branch, cut with my Silhouette and coloured with Copics and Wink of Stella. The sentiment is also from Penny Black.

I am entering this in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - colour challenge and the Simon Wednesday  STAMPtember Stamp-it challenge.
Of course this card also qualifies for Darnell's NBUS challenge #2, because this is the first time I've used the PB stamp and if I had bought it last year, it probably would have sat in my stash until now!
ETA: OOPS! I've just realised we only get 3 entries, so this entry won't count in the prize draw.





12 comments:

  1. This is jaw dropping beautiful! Amazing BG and colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing - such wonderful technique and a great splash of colour. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been tempted by that stamp too.....it looks fantastic here! Love all of the splashes of colour and those two birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, oh, oh!! This has jumped straight into No.1 of my "I Love Jenny's Cards" hit parade! Love how you've done the background, love the added birds and leaves, love the stamp, which I will have to buy because I can just see my kookaburra sitting on those branches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ping moment could be heard 'round the world, Jenny! This is magnificent in every way! Talk about a work of art! Thank you so much for continuing to promote my NBUS Challenge even beyond your three entries for the prizes! I really appreciate it and love that you are whittling down your own NBUS Mountain!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. Love how you used the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Jenny and oh what a wonderful piece you have created I too love that stamp

    x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!! I love the colors you chose and I'm in love with the stamp!! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok. this is just jaw dropping. i absolutely love your card!! gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS! Love all the colors with the black.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun, colorful background, but still CAS at the same time! Love! Thanks for playing along in the Mixed Media Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool, Jenny. Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete