Friday 19 September 2014

Dream then Do!

Hello, another weekend has arrived and with it the dream of an Independent Scotland has once again been put on hold.  An amazing 4.3 million people turned out to vote - they certainly care about the future of their homeland! My Husband comes from Scotland and his family were divided in their views, but I do hope that Scotland will benefit in many ways, after giving Westminster a bit of a scare!

My card today is for the Case Study Challenge - we have another stunner by Debbie Hughes to inspire us! I went with the dream catcher theme in keeping with the dreams of many Scots.

I've actually done 2 versions of the card, but this is my favourite.


I stamped the background image on the kraft card with white ink  and then brushed it with Perfect Pearls and stitched a border. The dream catcher is cut with my Silhouette and then covered with white ink and heat embossed with white lustre powder. I added some liquid pearls and pearls to the dream catcher and then sprinkled some bling! The sentiment is from CASual Fridays. 


 This was my other version. I embossed the kraft card with an embossing folder and then swiped the edges of the card and heat embossed with the white lustre powder.



  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Both gorgeous cards Jenny - and the perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Jenny! My hubby is from Scotland, too, and most of his extended family are still there. I had mixed feelings myself leading up to the referendum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny your cards are gorgeous - I just love both designs - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Jenny! I do like the first one more and love the tiny pop of color. We were watching the Scottish Indepence vote very carefully - mom's family is all in Scotland and dad's is all in England, so we had very mixed feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this dream catcher card! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is really beautiful love the dream catcher and the spots of color. Thanks for sharing this over at case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dream catcher so much! Great work and great card! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete