Tuesday 9 September 2014

I just can't stop!

I never used to be that in to vellum, but when it is so beautifully showcased as it is by the amazingly talented Debby Hughes, then you begin to see all the possibilities!  This is my 3rd case of Debby's card for the current Case Study Challenge, but I really had to try out this new stamp! I'm also entering this in Darnell's  NBUS challenge because it's the first time this stamp has been used. Are you sick of me yet Darnell?



I actually can't remember which company made this stamp. I bought it at Paperific last week and it didn't have anything on the packaging. Now, although I was planning to white emboss this time, like debbie, this stamp just wouldn't lend itself to that, so I used Distress Markers on the stamp and spritized it a tiny bit (so the vellum wouldn't warp) and then stamped it on the paper.  I then backed the vellum with cream card stock and sewed them together. The green card has been coloured with Pan Pastel. 

I'm also entering this in the Simon Wednesday Stamp-it challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Never, Jenny! This card is beautiful! I didn't realize you could use that technique on vellum paper, so thank you for that knowledge. I love how it gave the flowers a watercolored effect. Thanks again for promoting and playing in my NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darnell. I should have pointed out it was thick vellum. It didn't work so well on the thinner vellum and did warp. hugs

      Delete
  2. Fabulous!
    I am happy that Debby's card is so inspiring for you!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CASE Study!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous jenny :) that is an amazing technique, will have to try using vellum !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jenny, so pretty and feminine.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for Heidi's special birthday blog hop
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining in with CASE Study challenge this week! And what a soft and dreamy beauty :D

    ReplyDelete