Monday 15 September 2014

My Fave Butterfly

Hi there, another Monday has rolled around! Just a quick post, because I'm feeling a bit under the weather - just a virus with cough. I still wanted to make a card for the current Muse Card challenge,
 because the Muse is the uber talented Therese Calvird and her card is a stunner.

Here is my take


I used a stencil and distressed ink for the background and also lightly stamped some text through the stencil. My butterfly has more of a watercolour effect, made by colouring directly on to the Penny Black stamp and spritzing before stamping.

I'm also entering this in the Simon Wednesday Challenge, which is to make your own background. 
ETA: I see that City Crafter Challenge have Butterflies as their theme, so I shall this card.

MUSE CHALLENGE
CITY CRAFTER CHALLENGE


10 comments:

  1. SUPER gorgoeus, AMAZING stencilling, and perfect details, LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft butterfly against the sharp edged background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card. Your background is soft and subtle for that really pretty water colored butterfly..Love it! Thanks for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stencilled background! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous ! love that u did stenciling :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning butterfly, Jenny! Love the watercolor look :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jenny, I hope you feel better real soon! So glad you were able to make this gorgeous card, that background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card!! Love your butterfly and stencilling ... Hope you are feeling better! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card! I love that big butterfly!! So pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful colors Jenny. Love the grid background with the stamping overtop ... fabulous backdrop for your beautiful butterfly. Take care and hope you feel better soon. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete