Monday 27 October 2014

From the Craft Room Inspiration

I have another quick card for you, which was inspired by the photo in the Altenew October Challenge - From the Craft Room.


To begin, I used an embossing folder and vellum to make the background. 
I've used all three of my Altenew sets to make this card - Magnolias for Her, Label Love and Painted Flowers.
I need more practice with the Painted Flowers - I hope I got it right, but there are bits I haven't used.
As you can see I was inspired by the gold pattern, the colours and the pearls. I would have liked to include something to represent the chocolate but it was getting a bit busy.  I actually have all these items in my stash (except the chocolate), but decided to stamp instead of using embellishments.
I would have used my SSS mint ink pad for one of the flowers, but didn't have a complementary shade - there are a never ending variety of ink pads which are on my wishlist!


5 comments:

  1. Yummy Jenny! We're neighbors in the gallery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your painted flowers look fabulous! In fact I think the whole thing is pretty fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Jenny! I can see how you were inspired....I have that magnolia on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! love the damask background against the pretty colored flowers! Thank you so much for playing along at Altenew's October challenge!

    ReplyDelete