Tuesday 24 March 2015

She Art


I altered the photo in Pic Monkey to remove the background and then using TAP  Paper,  I printed it and transferred it to a piece of calico fabric. Then I scraped some Gesso over the rest of the panel and then some distress paint. When dry, I used a stencil and gold Color Shine for the background. Then I stamped the images which are from Stampers Anonymous (sentiment) and Prima. Next I used a black marker and added some journalling. I was reluctant to do this, because I have terrible handwriting - but it's mine, so it will have to do lol!
To finish,  I dry painted some black paint around the edge for a rough frame. I was thinking about adding some stitching and more stamping, but for the moment I am going with 'less is more'.

Hi there. Sorry I've been quiet on my blog, but I'm still spending a lot of time with Mum, trying to settle her back in to home, after a spell in hospital.

Today I want to share something I created, although I'm a bit shy about doing so. I've never really been in to scrapbooking or journalling, but 2 things inspired me to create this. Firstly this photo of my beautiful daughter and secondly the 'She Art' challenge at Inkspirational.



4 comments:

  1. This is special! It perfectly captures the spirit of our 'she art' challenge and is beautifully made. A gorgeous project.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Jenny! I love the soft blue and gold background, makes the image of your lovely daughter really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marina took the words right out of my mouth. Your card is indeed very special and is the epitome of "She Art." Thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete