I will list my steps to make it easier to follow.
1. I used the shutters stencil with acrylic paint and acrylic ink and my Gelliplate
2. Using the Happy Flowers stencil I added embossing paste
3. mixed up some glass beads medium with gold acrylic ink and perfect pearls and added to centre of flowers
4. coloured petals with Liquitex acrylic ink
5. made a spray with the same acrylic ink and water and sprayed background lightly
6. cut panel and matted with gold panel
7. embossed white card and die cut butterflies then put it all together
8. added a sprinkle of sequins and pearls
I splurged on a portable light studio the other day and have used it to take this photo - what do you think?
ETA: entering the STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge.
Also just a reminder about the Mixed Media Card Challenge. The theme is *Wings* and there is an option to use *foil*. You have until 25 May to join in the fun. You can find more inspiration here and enter your card here.
Thursday, 14 May 2015
Mixed Media Blooms
I decided to have a play with some new stencils I received from STAMPlorations and this is what I came up with.