Wednesday 6 January 2016

Happy New Year and Mixed Media Card Challenge reminder


And just like that - it's a new year! I hope you all had a wonderful festive season and are now having a bit of a catch up and getting crafty!

I'm not one for making New Year Resolutions, but I do have a very strong desire to get back to creating and blogging on a more regular basis. I won't lie - it's a real struggle - I'm going through a seriously bad creative block, but I guess I'll have to ease myself back in to it and maybe not reject so many of the things that I make.  Here is a card I made with a new (to me) Tim Holtz stamp from the Documented set.


 I have used Distress markers, Distress ink pads and Zig Clean Color Markers.
 I also added a bit of perfect pearls for a bit of shimmer.The map stamp is from Stamper's Annonymous,  the sentiment is from 
STAMPlorations and I think the plane might be from Amy Tangerine.


If you would like to join in the challenge - the theme is 'BEGINNINGS', which covers may things and the optional element is 'SEQUINS'. You can enter the challenge here.HOW TO PLAY
1. Create a mixed media CARD based on the theme, with or without the optional element.
2. Display the challenge graphic on your blog post and link back to this challenge post.
3. You may enter as many times as you want, as long as each entry is different.
4. You may combine a maximum of 7 challenges (6 other challenges plus ours).
5. Submit your projects by January 25, 11:55 p.m. Pacific (GMT-8).
6. We'll announce the winner and highlights on January 31.


I would also like to enter my first card in the Simon Monday Challenge - the theme is Something New.




5 comments:

  1. What fun and striking cards Jenny- love the top one in particular!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design for your tag card Jenny. Love the images and colours you've used. Adding the arrow brad is genius. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the multicoloured map, and the arrow brad goes perfectly with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one cool stamp. Love how you used multiple ink colors. And how it resembles a plane ticket stub (remember those old things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you absolutely managed to beat that creative block with this one! I really love the way you did the mixed colors on the map stamp! Such a gorgeous blend of shades from one end to the other. And that sentiment is truly an important mantra to remember. You did an amazing job on this and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Keep fighting those creative walls and just know that you're still creating amazing things in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete