Saturday 9 January 2016

Spread the Love

Hello there. I've been feeling a bit more motivated to make cards over the last day or so, because the humidity has temporarily left us.  When it's humid my energy and therefore my mojo are totally zapped!

Today I have a reconstructed card. The tag was originally placed on a red card base, but I decided to give it new life on a white card.

I stamped the tag twice on the wood veneer with Memento Luxe Ink and then cut them out by hand. To make the wood veneer more sturdy, I put double sided sticky paper on the back before cutting. The Memento Luxe works really well on the wood veneer, because the consistency is almost like paint.

The sentiment is from STAMPlorations (one of Dee's stamp sets)and I think the tag stamp may be from Docrafts, but I'm not sure.



This is the original card - I much prefer the new version, what do you think?

I'm entering this in the Simon Monday Challenge and the  Simon Wednesday Challenge who both have the theme   'Something New' - I've used a new stamp (the sentiment) and I've made a new card from the old one.





7 comments:

  1. Love the new card Jenny - it is so striking!! The tag got a bit lost on the red background.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny! What a super sweet and really fun card. I would like to invite you to stop by and share your sweet art with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always Anything Goes, and our prize this week is $25 to Simon Says Stamp. I really hope you will join us.

    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tag against the white background - makes it so fresh and modern - great decision! Thanks so much for your visit and comment - much appreciated.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it on white! It stands out more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh ... look how amazing it is on the white. It really makes the tag the star and you can see so much more of the details. LOVE! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing pattern like this on a tag, Jenny, and your embellishments work perfectly! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty tag and it really pops on the white background. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along in the "Something New" challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete