Sunday 17 January 2016

Stencil and Stamp Layering on One Layer Card

I managed to find a bit of crafting time yesterday and a bit of mojo too - YAY! I decided to get out my hardly used distress paints and stencils and watched an old Tim Holtz video for inspiration - this is the result....


Ok this was my second attempt, I'm showing them backwards, because this is my fave. I followed the same methods and them stamped the birdsnest and sentiment from WPlus9. Je t'aime the birdsnest!!!

This was my first attempt. I masked the edges and the torn panel with low tack tape and then using the the distress paints I stencilled the polka dots and other pattern. When dry, I sponged distress ink over the entire panel and then stamped some background images. The bird is alsdo a stencilled image - although I'm not sure it really suits - I might have to add a crown to make it look less scary! The sentiment and feathers are from WPlus9. and the background stamps are from Prima.

I really loved this technique and enjoyed using the paints as an alternative to inks.  I am obsessed with collecting blue & white vintage and new home-wares for our beach house and decided to stick with blues in my cards.

I'm entering these cards in the Simon Monday (Stencil it) Challenge, A Blog Named Hero (One Layer) Challenge and Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge (Stencil)


Also, another reminder about about the Mixed Media Card Challenge - the theme is 'BEGINNINGS' - I thought my birdsnest suits the theme perfectly.





8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jenny - love the drama of the black images against the blue.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these beautiful backgrounds and how you've masked to make a space for the sentiment. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's baaaaaaccccckkkkk! I love the nest. That blob of black is the perfect focal point for your fantastic BG, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pair of cards Jenny and I love your use of the stencil. I really like the drama of how your black images pop of the backgrounds!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the inspiration (and reminder) about using distress paints. I seem to move onto the next 'thing' and forget about what I've got so really do appreciate the inspiration. Love both cards, the backgrounds and layering is gorgeous. Set off fabulously by the black silhouette images. I think the bird looks perfect just as it is! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique with a beautiful outcome, Jenny! Love the masking for the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete