Sunday 1 May 2016

Mixed Media Card Challenge #23 REFLECTION

Well can you believe it - it's the 1st of May already! 2016 is whizzing by!

Of course, a new month brings with it, the beginning of a new Mixed Media Card Challenge and this month we have a very interesting theme - 'REFLECTION', with the optional element being 'WATER'.
There are so many ways this theme could be interpreted and I've played around with a few of those ideas, but for my first card I chose to include the word in my card.  

I've had big changes in my life over the last couple of years, losing both my Parents and my 2 children coming to the end of their secondary schooling and i have spent a lot of time reflecting in order to move forward. So here is my card....





You should head on over to the Mixed Media Card Challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team have created. I hope you decide to join in the fun and link up your cards here.

ETA: I'm adding this to the Simon Monday Challenge (Show us Your METAL) - I've used metallic foil and metal brad.

5 comments:

  1. really like your take on the challenge!!! pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that background Jenny ... does look like reflection of time ... another way to interpret the challenge. Love those clock hands, and your beautiful butterfly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I really like the background and the metal elements you've added. Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Jenny - love those mettalic clock hands. And yes, life changes do make us much more aware of ourselves and our lives and are times for reflections.
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the reflection theme! Your background certainly gives depth to your card. Thanks for sharing.
    ...Jan

    ReplyDelete