Friday 11 November 2016

12 Tags of Christmas - tag one

If you saw yesterday's last post, you'll see I was planning to make something for Loll's Christmas event, but forgot it was all about tags. So today I rummaged through my unfinished stash from years gone by and found a tag on  which I'd stamped and embossed the sentiment and birds and thought it would be perfect.

I smooshed some distress inks on my craft mat and spritzed it and sprinkled some brushos over this and mixed it around a bit. Then I swiped the card through the inks until I got the desired effect. When it was dry, I added some background stamping. To finish, I backed it with a dry embossed tag and added the ribbon and twine. I think it's pretty and grungy! What do you think?

The stamps are from Avery Elle.

This is my first entry in the Twelve Tags of Christmas with Loll and friends - but I'll be back!



ETA:I am also entering the 25 Days of Christmas Tags event (inspired by Tracey's tag Day 5)


9 comments:

  1. LOVE this watercolour resist tag Jenny. Such sweet little birds and sentiment that really pop against the beautiful colours of Brushos. The dark blue stamped snowflakes are so pretty! And I love the texture from your white dry embossed background tag. Thanks so much for joining my Twelve Tags of Christmas event! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT, Jenny! I'm going to try using Distress ink and Brushos together. I never thought to do that and I love the results! A super pretty tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag for her challenge! Love that beautiful background and your combination so colors! This looks fabulous with the white embossing and the subtle snowflakes stamped into the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes...very pretty Jenny! I have never sprinkled Brushos over spritzed DI's on my craft mat..I must try. TFS your beautiful and creative tag. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Jenny, time for me to get moving and make some tags too. Always a challenge for me. Love the colours you used on your tag and the white embossed images, looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Jenny! Perfect to play along with http://themerrychristmaschallenge.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/ch-6-add-twine.html too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag. Love the pretty background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Jenny! I love the depth that the stamped snowflakes give to the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome tag! The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete