Sunday 4 December 2016

Dashing through the Snow

It's starting to warm up here in Melbourne, but meanwhile I'm busy making Christmas cards about winter wonderland! I guess I'll be dreaming of a white christmas for a very long time!

Today I paired up some gorgeous stamps from Penny Black and Papertrey Ink, two of my favourite stamp companies. This is the result...


I stamped the border with the PB stamp from the Prancers set using Hero Arts soft sky shadow ink and
Stonewash Mid-tone. Then I stamped the trees and snowflakes with the same inks and also inked up the base card to match. Next I stamped and fussy cut the santa in sleigh image and sentiment from Papertrey Ink 'In the Meadow' set.
I amounted it all together and added the red rhinestone for a touch of bling!  
PS: I would just like to say again how much I love my MISTI stamping tool for this type of project, because I can stamp repeatedly until I get the right depth of colour with the dye inks and the solid image sometimes miss bits, so this makes it look so crisp and perfect!

I'm entering the Simon Monday Challenge - 'O' Christmas Tree and the Simon Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes and the Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Challenge (Take a Theme) Snow & Ice.



6 comments:

  1. Love the scene that you created! The sentiment is perfectly fitting for the design! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Christmas card, the blue is fabulous and love the dimension too. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Jenny - I too love my Misti - used it over the weekend and it made a huge difference on one card where the ink and stamp did not want to co-operate and give a good image!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is STUNNING! I love everything about it. It's VERY warm up here in QLD.... blah. Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fab card, Jenny! I like that sentiment in red. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas card .... love the splash of colour with the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete