Saturday 3 December 2016

Mixed Media Card Challenge

Hi there! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend, whether there is a chill in the air or sunshine like it is here.

I'm a few days late for the Mixed Media Card Challenge, but want to post my card now.
The theme this month is GOLD and the optional element is STAR, which I haven't included in this card.

Now at first glance, my card may not look like Mixed Media, but for the purposes of our challenge , a card that has stamps and inks PLUS at least any two other elements  is a Mixed Media card.

I stamped the image with Archival Jet Black and coloured the poinsettias and flames with Zig CCRB
Markers The candles were coloured with a pearlescent white Gansai Tambi and I went over the black sketchy bits with a black gel pen. I dry embossed the border and then added the gold glitter strip and die-cut sentiment. The gorgeous Christmas Candle stamp is from STAMPlorations and the word die is from Penny Black.


I hope you have time to play along with the Mixed Media Card Challenge this month - the deadline is 25 December and you can link up your card here as well as checking out the cards from the rest of our Design Team.

I am also entering the the Simon Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge and the Fusion Card Challenge - I was inspired by the picture with the candles.
Also entering the Stamplorations Anything Goes Never-ending Challenge and the STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge Anything CAs Red & Green.

ETA I just remembered I meant to enter the Casology Challenge, where the Code word is  CANDLE and Inkspirational Challenge which is CAS with SPARKLE.

11 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Jenny. LOVE that there are just touches of colour on the poinsettias. All that gorgeous white space really makes the colours pop. This would be perfect for this month's CAS Watercolour - Watercolour Resist. Hope you'll join us there. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Loll. Actually there's no resist in this, but I'll hopefully get a chance to join in:)

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty and elegant card Jenny! Sweet and simple. Love the texture under the glitter line. So glad you joined us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So classic and beautiful! Love the subtle texture on the bottom half! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty, luv the gold glitter! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful! Perfectly designed and I like the CAS Mixed media look a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just brilliant, Jenny! The coloring on your candles almost reminds me of a stained glass effect. Thanks for playing along at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the most beautiful showcases I've seen of this stamp. The red/green/gold combination: gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Inkspirational and STAMPlorations galleries!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so lovely a Christmas card, Jean.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Inkspirational Challenges. We would love for you to join us again soon :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Classic and so elegant. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge, and a very Happy New Year to you too xx

    ReplyDelete