Friday 3 February 2017

Color Burst & Brushos

It's glorious in Melbourne today, so I'm sharing a brightly coloured card to match the day!

I decided to experiment with Colur Burst & Brushos (crystal powder water colours) and to my surprise, it seems that the Color Burst is even more vibrant when it dries! The puple is so amazing!
The pink colour is a mix of Color Burst and Brushos and the purple is only Color Burst.

I chose to do this on Bristol Mixed Media paper, because it is a brighter white than watercolour paper and gives more contrast.
I stamped the music script background from Kaisercraft and white embossed. Then I painted water on the card and sprinkled the powder, mixing it around a bit with a brush.  Next I die cut the Memory Craft Butterflies and Dienamics sentiment and mounted them on the card when it was dry. There are 3 layers in the sentiment.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:-
Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge - Anything Goes with Dies

Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Challenge -Anything Goes
craftstamper.blogspot.com/2017/02/take-it-make-it-challenge-february.html



9 comments:

  1. What a stunning card, love the colours and the white embossing and the butterfly. Well actually I love it all. Have not heard of colourbursts, will have to check them out...... More enabling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner Jenny - love the colours and the wonderful embossing over it. The butterfly is wonderful.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a vibrant background Jenny and I love how your white embossing and die cuts pop off the card!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, love the effect you got with the brushos and color burst. Never would have thought to combine, but will now! Gorgeous with the white butterfly and emboss. So glad to see you playing along at HLS Watercolor Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that vibrant purple/pink background, Jenny! The diecuts really pop against the colour. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so prettyI I love playing with Brushos too...and now I have to check out the Colour Bursts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love those colours am new to brushos and still experimenting so its nice to see what can be achieved. The stamp works beautifully such a dynamic card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Fabulous!
    Awesome design and detail!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge this month and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Sending hugs, Gloria

    ReplyDelete