Sunday 10 December 2017

Challenge me a Christmas Card

Hi there. Today I'm delighted to be joining my friend Michelle Lupton,of 'Handmade by Michelle'  to make a card for her 'Challenge Me a  Christmas card' series. 

Last year Michelle asked her Facebook friends to set her a challenge to make a Christmas card with a specific theme, or technique, or product to use. She had so much fun last year, that she's doing it again  this year and has asked some of her crafty friends to collaborate with her. 




Our specific theme today is 'A Year of Travel'. When I got this theme from Michelle, I thought "ok, that is a challenge" and it definitely wasn't what I was expecting! However, if it wasn't challenging, it wouldn't be a challenge and we can interpret it any way we like.  So this is my take on it.... 



To begin I sponged distress inks on to watercolour paper and spritzed. When dry,  I stamped the the world map several times,  gold embossed and then die cut the baubles (christmas ornaments).  I chose the 'Passport Stamps' embossing folder
for the the background as I thought it fitted the theme. To finish I stamped and die cut the sentiment and assembled it all, adding the red bows for a more 'Christmas-y' feel.

This card is for my daughter, who is jetting off on her first solo overseas holiday in January!
Here is the inside of the card

And then, because I embraced the theme I couldn't stop at one ...
I couldn't get a good pic of this one - it's red not orange! The die cut and embossing folder are from Kaisercraft.

Thanks so much Michelle, for asking me to join in this fun challenge. If you haven't seen Michelle's card yet, then you should check it out here.

I'm entering the following challenges:-


Clean & Layered


5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how similar our cards are! Same, but different - love it! Thanks so much for being my guest for this challenge 😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the inspiration photo has inspired everyone in so many different ways. Thank you so much for playing at the Card Concept. Ruth DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did a wonderful job with that challenge, all the cards are beautiful
    thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those oraments! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards - especially the ornament one!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete